Wednesday 23 October 2013

Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience

In cooperation with Vogue Italia magazine and Dubai Mall, the lifestyle based global property developer, Emaar Properties, hosted the first Vogue Dubai Fashion Experience on the 10th of October , officially branding Dubai as an emerging fashion capital of the world.
Over 400 000 people attended the event to celebrate all things high fashion.

Here's what Franca Sozzani, editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia had to say : “Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience has been a fantastic demonstration of Dubai’s positivity and global outlook. This is a city that inspires people to deliver their best, and we saw that in the creations of the young designers who got one of the first platforms to present their works. Fashion also has a higher role to play and we proved that through our support to Dubai Cares"

Numerous events were ongoing through out the mall.
A fashion show showcasing emerging designers' talent took place and was attended by big names in the industry such as Franca Sozzani,The Dsquared brothers , Naomi Campbell , Riccardo Tisci and Donatella Versace.

The mall was filled with fashion aficionados and a truck load of Celine, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
In-store events were hosted all over the mall.
My personal favorite was Marc Jacobs' 'Tulip Fest'!



You can always count on Marc Jacobs' event organizers to host the most creative and funky events.
This time, we were treated to a tulip planting station ,a caricature station as well as a photo booth.
My pot is currently on top of my kitchen counter : I sure hope my seed will bloom soon.


All eyes were also on Kenzo! We were treated to some delicious eye shaped cookies and sweets.I even tried a Japanese delicacy which was filled with ice cream : It's currently on my very short list of sweet dishes I love.
The current collection is to die for, especially because the Eye means so much to me and my culture.




                                                 How cute are her Kenzo eye print trousers?

Another print of Kenzo's I'm crazy about is the clouds , I picked up a snapback that I'll be wearing soon.

Last but not least, I attended S*uce's The Blonde Salad Event.
The gorgeous Chiara Ferragni , wearing Zayan , was there to meet her fans and sign t-shirts.
Due to some heavy traffic that day on the road from Abu Dhabi to Dubai I arrived quite late.
After waiting in the line for half an hour , I only managed to take a group picture with Chiara.
The bouchees were delish and the music was blasting!



What I wore to VFDE : Top - Fashion Laboratoire (look out for more designs from my upcoming brand)
                                     skort - Zara
                                     Lady Dior Bag

Sorry for the lack of posts, I'm up to my ears with exams and activities.There are plenty more interesting posts coming soon including a fashion forward cover, Glambox reveal and AW 13 Trend how-to!

P.S How do you like the new website design?

No comments:

Post a Comment