Lately,going to Dubai seems to be the typical weekend plan around here.
But I beg to differ, Abu Dhabi is such a great place to live - with lots and lots of activities and events to indulge in.
There's also never a dull moment in sight when you're keeping up with all the sporting, cultural and culinary events going on.
Here are a few of the things you should be up to :
- Supporting the Local fashion scene : Abu Dhabi Fashion Days, a luxury trade show being held at ADNEC between the 5th and 8th of March is first on my list.Being held twice a year, this trade show is the first of its kind in Abu Dhabi. Showcasing 30 local luxury designers , its goal is to support the fashion scene in the UAE and specifically in Abu Dhabi.You can watch fashion shows on the first day and also take a look at the designer alley to purchase merchandise by local designers .
Kudos to the lovely Sumayyah Al Suwaidi for taking this initiative and raising Abu Dhabi's fashion platform to higher standards.
- Getting Glammed up : GlamBox.ME launched in December 2011 and is part of a global network already successful in key markets including South Africa, China, Russia and Brazil. It offers consumers in the Middle East a great way to keep up to date on seasonal make-up trends and test a set of luxury products hand selected by beauty experts. All this is delivered to their doorstep for an amazing price, starting at AED 70 per month.
This month I attended the exclusive unveiling of February's Glambox .As a very special treat for all subscribers to GlamBox, this February every Glamista will receive a limited-edition bliss GlamBox, featuring a total of six fun-filled products(which you can still get if you subscribe before the 21st of February).
The products range from award winning oxygen face masks to lemon and sage or blood orange and white pepper body butter.
Enter ' GlamMyriam' to get 20% off on your glambox subscription.
Find out more on : www.glambox.me
- Supporting a cause in a fun way : The Color Run™ 5K is back! Get excited Color Runners,it's coming to Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi on Saturday 29th March 2014! After a phenomenal UAE debut The Color Run Dubai brought the happiest 5K on the planet to over 8,500 participants. Now the only question is “Abu Dhabi, are you ready for the craziest, colorful, 5K of your life?” You bet you are. Register here : http://thecolorrun.ae/Abu-Dhabi
- Getting creative : At L’Atelier des Arts you are welcome to share your passion, whether you are a professional, an amateur or interested in creating something.There a bunch of activities , workshops and classes to try out. Spend your morning or afternoon learning a new skill such as scrap booking, porcelain painting or mosaic.
And the best thing is you don't have to worry about buying materials because everything is provided.
To learn more about the classes being taught visit www.atelierarts.com or call +971 2 6397104.
- Dining with the gods : In the spirit of Abu Dhabi's gourmet festival Jumeirah at Etihad towers is hosting an Epicurean Escapade.
The evening begins with beverages on Scott's terrace and continues to Li Beirut, Tori No Su (Japanese) and Brasserie Angelique (French) before heading to Quest for dessert.The evening concludes at Ray's Bar. 850 AED or 1250 AED inclusive of beverages.Definitely an adventure that will keep your taste buds tingling.
Call 02-8115666 for reservations.